Saturday, October 13, 2012

Sounds or Sheng ' Ying




google.com

when I was young,
I was sensitive about sounds,
My grandmother told me stories all along,
on rhyming songs, riddles, wars, and landlords.
.
One homely sound is the rooster's crows,
and mornings include radio news from locale county,
Grandmother mainly manages chores,
plus cooking, weaving, gardening, and house cleaning.
.
She would call me for dinner
when I was doing my homework, or reading books,
She would educate me to eat less, maybe 80% full to stay fit
while we walk to riverside to collect fallen tree sticks!
.
Grandmother remained super slim and tall until her 80s,
She knew my first child and my coming to the U. S.
at the year of her death, she had so deep impacts
on me, I am forever grateful for her love and beauty.

8 comments:

Stephany ChuBB Hudson said...

grandparents' love is unbeatable.

Ju'Er Yan- grandmother,

Zhong'Qiang Peng, grandfather both are great to their grand kids.

Kay said...

I also loved my grandmother deeply. It's amazing what memories a photograph can conjure up. Thanks!

Taylor Kong Boomer said...

sweet.

Tifiny ishare Moon said...

beautiful memories.

Janet Mooster Zhou said...

grandmothers rock.

Yielday Pittzheng said...

lovely tribe to a devoted grandmother.

Stephany ChuBB Hudson said...

Thanks for sharing.

dsnake1 said...

lovely tribute. you are blessed to have such a loving grandmother.