Beijing Jiaotong University
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2010)|
Motto in English
|Knowledge and Action|
|President||Ning Bin Chinese: 宁滨; pinyin: Nìng Bīn|
|Location||Beijing, Beijing Municipality, China|
Schools and facultiesAs of 2009, Beijing Jiaotong University has under its administration:
- Electronic Information Engineering Institute
- Computer and Informational Technology Institute
- Economy Management Institute
- Communication and Transportation Institute
- Civil Engineering and Architecture Institute
- Mechanical and Electronic Control Engineering Institute
- Electric Power Institute
- Physical Sciences Institute
- Humanities and Social Sciences Institute
- Languages and communication studies Institute
- Long-Distance and Continued Education Institute
- Software Engineering Institute
- Architecture and Art Institute
- Graduate School
The university library has a million books, 3000 Chinese and foreign journals, as well as numerous documents on microfiche, audio- and video-documents on various modern media.
Beijing Jiaotong facilities include its own transmitter tower, TV station, indoor and outdoor swimming pool, gym, arboretum, moot courts, museum, art gallery, railway line, and stadium.
There are 23810 full-time students on the campus, of whom are 7,527 graduate students working on masters or PhD programs, 500 international students, and 8,767 engaged in correspondence programs, night schools, and other full-time programs.
There are 2842 faculty members and scientists at the university among whom are 10 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Academy of Engineering, 286 full professors, and 588 associate professors. The Transportation, Engineering, Law and ICT Faculties are particularly renowned.
SocietiesThe students at Beijing Jiaotong University are active in a societies that enrich their campus life in addition to their normal academic activities. The groups on the campus can be divided into four categories:
- Academic Societies (15 societies) which, among others, include the Science Fiction Society, Foreign Languages Society, Literature Society, Computer Science Application Society
- Volunteers Societies (13) which include the Red Cross Society, Journalist Society, Psychological Health Society
- Art Societies (11) which include the Film Society, Television Society, Media Society, Photography Society, New Dance Society, Magicians' Society, Calligraphy and Painting Society
- Sports Societies (16) which include the Bridge Society, Soccer Society, Tennis Society, Baseball Society, Cyclists' Society, Aircraft Model Society, Bodybuilding Society
- Undergraduate Programs (Updated in Dec. 2014)